I was missing for 4 days because I was rotting at PENANG... The trip was so lasst minute and yet my whole family plus extended family got there! actually it was for a very special reason which I shall not mention here. But we still had to eat right and when you are at Penang, eating plays a whole part of the trip. Its eat eat eat eat eat till you drop! and that is why I need a jogging partner! For those of you peeps who have never been to Penang, let me bring some Penang to you all!

Chicken Sate. NO FATS - only tenderlicious marinated chicken, bbq-ed to perfection! Its really different from those we have here in PJ partly because it doesnt come with peanut sauce and the taste is alo very different, so dont be shocked and start asking for peanut sauce!

Kway Teow Th'ng. Im not a fan of kway teow th'ng but this one really taste good. It comes with DUCK meat with DUCK soup. The uncle selling it is rather picky with his customers, if he's too busy, he'll tell you its finish but actually it just means a long wait coz he's running a one man show and he's already an old man. If you're a regular like my grand-uncle, its never finish until its really finished .. hee hee .. my cousins took like 2 and a half bowls of these. gosh ...
Mee Goreng. I love Penangs' mee mamak but the one shown above is not from the best stall! but i was satisfied (: I love their mee goreng, its a lil sweet type and I really like it! You can ask to put like extra sauce on it, deeeeeleeeeecious!
Roti Babi. This is something we rarely can get in PJ.. Its hard to describe it in words. So just try it when you get to Penang kays! It comes with a special sauce which is darn unique!
Next, MUAR CHEE. Yeah, you can find it in any pasar malam in PJ, so what's the fuss? Well, the one in Penang is served HOT! so its more sticky and sticks more peanuts..!! I really like it and mostly only eat this when im in Penang.
Apom. There are many types of Apom in both PJ and Penang but this rates first in me! Its soft and fluffy and the you can taste the egg in it! yummy~
Oo chian. Basically its fried oysters with egg. Can get it in PJ too but its like when I get to Penang, its a must eat (: perhaps coz the oysters are more and bigger! and for sure there would be a stall selling it everywhere I go!
Cheh Hu or Passembur. This one is a tad different from the ones in PJ. I prefer the one in PJ (:
POPIAH. This is the best one located @Padang. Gosh, they include real-true crab meat in it. Awhhhh, its the BEST!!!! SERIOUSLY!
Char Kuey Teow. I wanted to eat hte Sisters CKT but sadly they were gonna change shift and I had to wait like 20minutes? And time was being kind that time so I had to deal for the normal Penang CKT but food at Penang, everywhere also darn syiok wan!!
Fried Popiah and some other fried stuff. It was so tasty that we called another plate!!
Asam Laksa @Ayer Hitam. DARN GOOD. The whole stock is filled with fish which makes it totally different from the ones here. This stall is super popular and alot of people flock there just to have it!! Have it and then have a cup of sugarcane juice, waliaw .. So I've got your mouth watering? The food is Penang is cheap compared to in PJ. I really love eating in Penang but seriously after the first two days I can really give up wei but then when you see all these food on the table calling out your name, how can you resist it?! Let me tell you its really hard to take pictures before eating every meal .. coz when the food comes you automatically just eat.. and I will like ooops, I forgot .. hehehe OH, I forgot my number one, Chee Cheong Fun ... Its with the "hae koh" and its really sticky and the smell is mmmhmm! As if Penang wasn't enough, my uncled had to stop at Kampar to eat ...
BIG HEADED PRAWNS. Fresh and juicy-licious!That marks my 4days at Penang. FOOD (: and I headed to Malacca yesterday. So its eat again hahaha.. wait for my post about it soo0n!
No comments:
Post a Comment