Monday, July 14, 2014

24 years here.

Just celebrated the end of being 23 and with a birthday song at the top of everyone's lungs, welcomed 24. Dinner with the gang and as I type this post, I feel this calm sort of happiness. Not a happiness that would make me jump everywhere. I feel gratitude. 


I got home with a bag of present from Sarah, Estee, Kong and Jit Yang. Inside the bag is everything that I wanted (we do share a list of our birthday list), and even more. It feels like that the present meant more than it's physical reason. 

As I grow up, I get lesser and lesser presents as I start to find more meaning in getting together to talk and simply celebrate with people who care about us. We (CK Silmaris) make it a point to buy a present for the birthday girl/boy and suddenly I feel so thankful we do this for one another. It's not that I am eager to receive presents but this one tradition we do make me realise what great friends I have. How lucky I am to be part of this family. 

I don't mean that those who don't give me presents mean any lesser to me. But it is this one gesture we do annually makes me feel really special and I hope that the others also feel the same :) 

This year's dinner was at Euro Deli and pork pork pork. Tables after tables had a birthday cake and song but when it came to mine, it just had to be the loudest of the loudest *i feel the love*. Heehee. I'm so happy to already have two cakes this year, I'm so blessed. As always dinner was filled with being on top of our lungs and sharing gossips and laugher. Then it toned down to chatime (: 

Few days back, Esther, Faye and Yin Yiing celebrated with me! This was a great dinner to catch up and it felt like forever since any of us sat down to celebrate a birthday. I was the lucky chick  🐥 we talked about everything under the sky and it always feel like we never left secondary school. We just pick up without awkwardness and move forward.

 
I thank God for placing me with such great company, that they have love me for who I am and we have all built such unique friendships. Though we don't know where all of us will be heading, slowly by slowly we grow unknowingly into adulthood and take on whatever life throws at us. 


No comments: