A close friend's mother passed on. A young, vibrant Aunty whom I barely got a chance to get to know for called back to the Lord. Death is never easy. No matter how expected it is, we can never let go. Even without personal ties, I feel clueless when he told me about it. I didn't know what to do, what to say, who to talk about it to.
A side of me wanted to offer all i could to comfort to help. I know how hard it was. And I can't remember who talked to me. All I knew was it was a personal struggle.
Another side of me just want to find a hole, squeeze in it and get back out when it's alright. A line is now always drawn automatically. I feel insensitive and selfish.
I just don't know how to deal with death, how to deal with the people dealing it. I want to comfort I want to make someone feel better. But I rather give him his time to feel sad. There's no line to telling how to help in such times. I just want to silently be there. I hope he knows that ill be there for him as a friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment