Thursday, February 2, 2012

Wedding bells

My cousin Sharon and now-husband tied the know one year ago but did the whole wedding event only on the 7th of January 2012. According to my cousin, must collect and save ebough money first :) teehee. So, I was the bridesmaid for the day along with my other cousin. Happy me :D Had my first tailored purple marilyn-monroe-ish dress and a whole day of fun plus another two days of feet ache due to the heels. 

The groom has to be the one taking out the veil for the bride ♥ Remember that!
Weddings are just so happy like Christmas! Though the legal part of it is about the signing of the papers, the wedding day truly is a celebration. Everyone comes together, dress prettily and go around complementing the bride. Hmm, I wonder if the groom feels inferior since everyone usually only comments about how pretty the bride looks but oh well, guys don't care. 

Credits to Darren Jee Photography.
It was a whole busy day starting from the morning and being bridesmaid the third time, I've learnt that there are many things that are just included in the event automatically. Simple things like wiping sweat off the bride to wearing the gown to writing names on angpaus and making sure everything is brought from the bride's place to the groom's place and to the hotel. I enjoyed every process of it, being close to my cousins and also the groom, made things zero awkwardness and one hundred percent of pure joy.  I cannot wait when one of my close girlfriends gets married and we get into the whole planning and learning together (: Just a few more years down the road.

No comments: