Thursday, February 24, 2011

Rabbit year 2011

The Chinese New Year Celebration for this year has gone by. And I did have an awesome busy new year. With non stop gatherings with family and friends and the joy of having your tummy never feeling hungry. This year, it feel more of a reunion for I had my brother and cousins back for the celebration. Everyone is growing up and going away to live a life of their own. It's nice to have everyone home where the heart always is ♥

Mouths and mouths of food went into me and food is such great fortune. I'm not a fussy eater when it comes to food, so as long as it taste okay. I'm fine. And if it is home made or just having great company while eating, I don't really mind what am I eating.





Food above is dearly prepared by my mom for a mini gathering at my place. Nomness charsiew fried rice, Yam Cake and also wantan made my me :D I love making wantan for I get to eat as much as I want and they taste so much better compared to those sold outside. I love having people at my place, cooking for people who love eating. I'm glad to have such a big big family where we can get togeher and have hours of fun. This year, the cousin gang got together to buy the rockband. So, we had many many hours of fun rocking our hearts out at my place.
My mom has now this crave for Japanese food. SUPER GOOD! She used to not eat Japanese food and we never had much chance to eat out at Japanese restaurants. But all that changed when she went to Japan on a company trip and came home feeling good about Japanese food. With the many many outlets of Japanese restaurants now around, mom is always asking us to try out the restaurants which is a plus plus for me since I like Japanese food too :D
Garlic fried rice. Such a simply dish available in most Japanese restaurants. Yummy but not velur for money. Garlic fried rice and egg. Go figure.

Dad wanted to try the crabs.

This I would recommend. It's a beef hotpot from Sushi Tei, TCM. Value for money and feeds about two to three person.

A bowl of rice with raw tuna and a soft boiled egg. This is something adventourous I shared with my brother. The taste is something exciting yet bland. Would eat it again. I realise I miss having my brother around to try new adventourous food where I know he'll help me out when I cannot finish! I can't wait for my family Thailand trip once again to meet up and eat and eat again!




The two above can be considered as my mom's staple Japanese food diet. Her soft shell crab roll and Chawanmushi. Every shop we've been, we've tried. I still love the soft shell crab maki from Sushi Zanmai!

Only when the bro is around.
So having the brother home is awesome for I have someone to share lunch with and also to pay for lunch. Hehe. Since he is working, he pays for lunch and I get to order! Days with him at home, we normally have simple frozen food or canned food or instant meals made by me but then we had NANDO's that day.
The bag filled with Caeser salad and half chicken. YAY!

What we normally have for lunch. Sausages, nuggets etc.
Below, a tray of omness delicious cakes.
Loads of pictures of food below..

Dry bkt at Klang.




Among the dishes I had at Overseas Restaurant for an annual CNY dinner with my dad's side. Food was superb. Did you all know that I love eating Yee Sang? This time around, I only ate it twice or thrice? But it's just so yummy and I'm already looking forward to next year!
This is a picture of a last minute steamboat plan I had at my cousin's place. Not bad for last minute right? It's so yummy.. And I love steamboat. It's less fatty and no sore throat issues!
To end it all, my mom's meatball soup. Only for special occasions! ♥
Going through what I ate during cny makes you know me a little better right ;)

No comments: