This two major changes got me thinking. Growing up only means we are bound to experience changes, to continue on and to progress. With that said, birthdays are also celebrated differently. I wonder if anyone feels this transition. For me, not being able to chill with my love ones on my birthday because I have to be at work is pretty sad. I've gotten so used to always being with Sarah or Zol Fay for the last few years, it feels like a lost this year when I have to be at work. Weekdays and weekends now is different.
I also feel lonely without Zol Fay. I know I have friends and family who loves me even more but there's a part of me who misses him too. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to get back with him or even be closer than what we are now. I just miss his presence or maybe a presence of a companion. I'll get through this and before I get together with anyone, I wish that this year, I will find more love for myself. More appreciation for the things I will and can achieve alone because I'm good at many things. I want to know my worth and feel good about it before progressing onto any future relationship. People have to respect and treat me right and it starts from me treating myself right.
I've been letting go for days, for months. Slowly but surely I'll get to where He has planned for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment